AOS Adventures

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Hot, hot heat

Ooooer!

The heat's got us cookin' this week. It's supposed to be ninety-five degrees today? Chances of thunderstorms, some crazy evening clouds, and plenty of heat to keep you satisfied during the day. I was off in the relative cool of the fairy ponds yesterday evening - enjoying some relax time.

If I didn't have to be at work on weekdays, I'd be out at the coast right now though. Or on the river. Or i'd be up somewhere high, where it's windy (in theory).

I hope everyone had a grand Fourth of July. This weekend was supposed to be adventure weekend on Shasta - however my solo trip was eventually cancelled. In essence, I got persuaded to stick around for the festivities. I slept through the parade, which was wonderful, and enjoyed a leisurely afternoon of BBQ and brews.

Travis enjoyed a leisurely weekend as well - Saturday he rode the Salmon River Loop down in California - 100 miles, starting in Etna, over 10k of vertical! Absolutely beautiful country down there. I was stoked to hear that Travis and team were hitting upwards of 60 mph on the downhills. Get 'em boys.

And this week? Travis, Davi, Bryant, Sarah, Mike and myself have all been hard at work - advising, selling, organizing, consulting, and facilitating. My weekend starts tomorrow! I'm off to Shasta finally to climb Friday and Saturday - about time I made up for my slacking.

Also, I should note that a group of local climbers and myself are heading up to the Greensprings tonight, 6:30 p.m., to meet with some folks from the Mail Tribune - they're doing a story on local climbing. If anyone wants to join, please feel free. We're meeting at the shop, or you can meet at the crag any time after seven!



There will be plenty of adventure coming your way soon - throughout the end of July and most of August! The Trinity Alps, the Sierra Nevada, plenty of backcountry climbing locations, and some awesome road trippin'. Stay tuned - and enjoy the sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment